Monday, February 20, 2012

Burberry Prorsum Womenswear Autumn/Winter 2012 show

Burberry shows are literally the spark to London fashion weeks. With Burberry's 156 year old rich heritage and its excellent evolution each season its hard not to get so excited. I was so mad when I missed the live version of the show because I was in Retail Analysis class (I told my teacher to let us watch it... the answer was no) but thankfully Burberry posted the show this evening for me to watch and share with you all. 
Burberry stuck with a British Heritage where you are able to see the evolution of the trench coat. You can see the bellow pockets that were added to many of the trenches and the peplum bottoms at the waist. A lot of heathered grey pencil skirts were put in the ensembles with the bellow pockets and were all belted at the waist line.
Christopher Bailey, the creative director of Burberry Prorsum, did a absolutely magnificent job with the presentation of the show! If you aren't one to watch all of the show you MUST fast forward to about 14:20 to watch the next two minutes. You'll see model Cara Delevingne (in the Burberry S/S 2012 campaign ads with Eddie Redmayne... who you can see in the front row) walk down in her deep plum coat. To finish there is a slight pause before you hear thunder and see rain start to fall down the glass walls. The models then do their final line up with umbrellas and one of my favorite songs playing!
Here is the song list:
It Could Have Been Better - John Armatrading
Walls - Rae Morris
Numb - Marina and the Diamonds
To Build a Home - The Cinematic Orchestra 
Here are some of my favorite looks and to see the FULL fashion show go to my Videos










No comments:

Post a Comment