Monday, July 29, 2013

Fall 2013 Trend: The Monday Blues

No... when I say the Monday blues I'm not referring to your mopey Monday at work, I'm referring to my new favorite color for fall. Although you are probably trying to hang onto summer as long as I am, the truth is fall is coming around the corner. Since I go back to school for my last year in a couple weeks, I really have to think ahead of the game in terms of my fall closet. The February fashion shows were bustling with new ideas and tons that can be easily implemented into your current selections. The outerwear throughout the shows consisted of a lot of shades of blues which I loved, along with a lot of grey and burgundy. However, to start of my list of fall trend posts, here are some of my favorite runway blues: 
Chanel
3.1 Phillip Lim
 Thakoon
Michael Kors
Jil Sander
Lanvin

As you might notice most are in the deeper blue family but a lot of designers did go with a lighter blue such as Rochas, Gucci, Giambattista Valli, and Acne Studios. I love the boxy look with more masculine lines to go with the navy blue family. Just from the pictures you can see the masculine trend and longer hem lines which I love... if all is worn right!
Here are some pieces I found that were inspired by the runway colors and would love to implement into my closet for fall!
1. Fendi 2 Jours Medium Textured-Leather Shopper on Net-A-Porter $2260
2. Blue Animal Mix Tube Skirt on Topshop $45
3. T by Alexander Wang Classic Jersey T-Shirt Dress on Net-A-Porter $95
4. OPI Light My Sapphire Nail Polish $8 (my color on my nails now and I'm OBSESSED)
5. Muse Ankle Boot in Blue on Need Supply Co. $26.99
6. Jacquard Clean Boyfriend Coat on Topshop $150

No comments:

Post a Comment