Monday, January 23, 2012

Atelier Versace Spring Couture 2012

The opening show this year for Paris' Summer/Spring Haute couture week was surprisingly Versace. After many years of not doing a spring couture show I was expecting some stunning, out of this world couture dresses. Although not all were a let down I was shocked with some of the dresses she went with. After seeing Angelina Jolie on the red carpet for the Golden Globes in a $80,000 Versace dress I was expecting the best of the best. These couture outfits are for women around the world who can afford them for one time red carpet events. There were a lot of silvers and golds along with citrus colors to add for a spring look. As to be expected she took a time era of corsets and added a futuristic look to it. The models rocked it in their pin straight hair in the French capital and certainly did wow a lot of people.
Here are some looks from the show:
This is one of my favorites, the drape is amazing
I love those shorts and shoes
Although this is a tough color to wear I love the fit and cut. You also get a could view of  the shoes.
I can't see many women wanting to wear this color : /
I love the shape and cut of this dress, I would love to see this on the red carpet
This dress has a gorgeous mixture of silver and gold. I love the top but the structural hip is controversial 
Donatella Versace taking her bow 





No comments:

Post a Comment