Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Mens Wear in Crazy Stupid Love

I recently saw Crazy Stupid Love starring Steve Carell and Ryan Gosling and other amazing characters. However, I was completely amazed with how they dressed these two men. I am not one to know how to dress a man all the time, but this was completely sexy yet 100 percent appropriate in any situation. Looking more into it I found the costume designer to be Dayna Pink. I also found a interview with Dayna Pink by GQ online and these are some interesting thoughts said by Dayna Pink:

"We're used to women's clothes being spectacular. And there are less options with men. What are you going to do? You're going to do a suit, you're going to not do a suit. Those are your choices. So making that interesting, and layering on that, and sort of playing with the fit, and playing with the details of cuff and collars, and different types of silhouette."

"I always say that the most important thing is fit. If you buy a great suit and it doesn't fit you, it's not going to be great. So I think no matter where you shop, or what you buy, it's all about the fit. There was a part of this movie that was like: there's 16 simple things you can buy and redo your whole wardrobe. Well, if you do have some basics, and you only get a few things, get a suit and make sure that a tailor looks at it so the shoulders are right and the sleeves fit you properly and the pants are hemmed properly"

Read More http://www.gq.com/entertainment/movies-and-tv/201107/crazy-stupid-love-costume-designer-dayna-pink-makeover-scene-steve-carell-ryan-gosling#ixzz1UbHySBFL

Here are some hot pictures of these outfits I fell in love with:



I love the v-neck sweater that is slightly sheer!

custom fit Ermenegildo Zegna suit

I am not sure of all the designers on the pieces but as far as I know, Dayna Pink used designers such as: Gossiun, Albert Hammond Jr., Alexander McQueen, Lanvin, Simon Spurr, Yves Saint Laurent, and Versace shoes...
oh and the big rings you see Ryan wearing throughout the movie are both David Yurman




No comments:

Post a Comment